Affordable Multipoint IP Audio Codec
Download the USB Driver here (25 KB)
Note: this driver is required only for Microsoft® Windows® XP systems and below.
Download the Bridge-IT Quick Start Guide
Bridge-IT for inexpensive IP audio solutions…
Tieline’s Bridge-IT is the ultimate affordable, high-performance, stereo IP audio codec solution for broadcast and professional applications. Designed to deliver point-to-point or multi-point connections, Bridge-IT transports audio streams reliably, simply and effectively over a range of managed and unmanaged wired and wireless* IP data networks, such as LANs, WANs and the internet.
Bridge-IT allows radio and television broadcasters to expand their IP network at a fraction of the cost of competing IP codecs, without compromising on quality or broadcast quality features. Multi-unicast in stereo to up to different end-points from a single codec and reduce capital expenditure across your broadcast network.
Hear the Tieline SmartStream Difference...
As an IP audio pioneer, Tieline has built up many years of knowledge and expertise in broadcasting audio over unmanaged IP Networks like the internet. Now SmartStream IP technology takes broadcasting over unmanaged IP audio networks to the next level for uncompromised AoIP.
Some other manufacturer's charge thousands of dollars for IP managment software as if it's an optional extra. Tieline believes high performance and rock-solid reliability is an essential part of each and every broadcast and delivers its renowned SmartStream IP management software for free.
Tieline's exclusive and proprietary SmartStream IP technology responds to variable IP network conditions with agility and flexibility to significantly improve connection reliability over lossy IP networks such as 3G cell-phone networks and the internet, especially in those situations when Quality of Service (QoS) is unavailable.
Flexibility and Compatibility...
Bridge-IT is IPv4/v6 and EBU N/ACIP Tech compatible over IP and will connect to any SIP-enabled IP codec brand with industry standard algorithms, as well as VoIP devices supporting G. and G.. Bridge-IT is also internet/satellite streaming and HD and digital radio compatible.
It is designed for desktop use or two units can be installed side-by-side in a purpose-built RU mounting bracket.
Two Bridge-IT Codecs Installed in a 1RU Rack Frame
Simple to use…
Compare Bridge-IT’s superior programming functionality and simple user interface with other inexpensive codecs. Bridge-IT features a full hardware front panel interface including navigation, LCD display, PPM metering and dialing key pad. It can also be configured and controlled remotely using the Toolbox web-GUI interface, which can be launched from the codec using a web-browser.
Bridge-IT is perfect for a large range of broadcast and professional applications that include:
- Studio-to-Transmitter Link (STL) applications
- Studio-to-Studio Link (SSL) applications
- Point-to-Point IP audio distribution
- Multi-point IP audio distribution
- Simple remote broadcast links
- Cable Head End IP Audio Distribution
- Low-latency audio over IP bridging solutions
- Multiple codec installations ( codecs fit in x ” rack unit)
Bridge-IT Purchase options...
Bridge-IT comes as a basic hardware and software pack or a pro version hardware and software pack, which includes AAC algorithms and multi-unicasting.
aptX® Enhanced audio coding is also available as an additional option.
Point-to-point mono and stereo IP audio
SmartStream IP software for automatic management of IP connection streaming
High quality low-delay linear audio
G.711 G.722, MPEG Layer 2, plus low-delay Tieline Music and MusicPLUS algorithms
Simultaneous analog and digital XLR AES/EBU outputs
Automatic SD/SDHC card connection failover
Web-GUI for remote control and configuration
EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326 compatibility over IP and will connect to any SIP-enabled IP codec
2 relay inputs and 2 opto-isolated outputs plus RS-232 for local and remote control of equipment at either end of your codec link
Multi-unicast over LANs and send 6 stereo connections, one with bidirectional audio
|LC-AAC, HE-AAC v.1 and HE-AAC v.2 algorithms||o||x|
|TieServer for automatic firmware upgrade notification||x||x|
|16 bit and 24 bit aptX® Enhanced algorithm||o||o|
x = Included
o = Optional (available for purchase separately)
Broadcast Quality Connectors
Unlike most affordable IP audio codecs, Bridge-IT has all the broadcast connectors you would expect on a full-featured codec. Simultaneous analog and digital AES/EBU audio outputs are provided on XLR connectors and it includes a ¼” (mm) stereo headphone output.
Simple non-technical IP connections and Onboard Audio Backup
Bridge-IT is the first inexpensive IP audio codec to offer different ways to connect over IP.
- For a simple permanent point-to-point encoder and decoder, Bridge-IT lets you connect without using a computer. Simply dial the IP address of the remote codec using the front panel keypad and LCD screen.
- Bridge-IT serves up a comprehensive graphical user interface in a standard web browser. Just type the IP address of your codec into your web browser to start remote control, configuration and dialing.
Encode with a range of standard algorithms or optional AAC and aptX Enhanced Algorithms...
Bridge-IT comes with Bit kHz uncompressed linear audio at less than ms encode delay, as well as MPEG Layer , G., G. and Tieline Music. Tieline MusicPLUS is also standard and provides kHz mono and stereo with ms encode delay at under Kbps, offering huge savings on your IP data bills and outstanding audio quality. LC-AAC, HE-AAC v. and HE-AAC v. decoders are also included as standard.
Upgrade your Bridge-IT audio codecs today by purchasing and installing the optional AAC encode software licence and you will instantly have the ability to encode LC-AAC, HE-AAC v. and HE-AAC v. algorithms. HE-AAC v. is capable of delivering high fidelity stereo IP audio at bit-rates as low as Kbps. aptX Enhanced audio coding is also available for extremely low delay STLs and Audio Distribution.
Automatic IP network management and failover…
Tieline’s SmartStream IP technology manages the IP connection between two points using dynamic jitter buffering, forward error correction and packet repair, to deliver continuous high quality audio over both managed networks and the open Internet.
In case your IP link fails Bridge-IT also has an SD/SDHC card slot which can be pre-loaded with MP audio for automatic failover to backup recorded audio. Bridge-IT's onboard relay control ports can also be programmed to notify you of a failure via any third party relay-enabled hardware.
* Requires 3rd party hardware to connect
to wireless network.
- Compact design, with two codecs fitting into a RU mounting bracket.
- Suitable for point-to-point and multi-point IP connections over a variety of connection transports, including WANs like the internet.
- EBU N/ACIP Tech compatibility over IP
- Linear audio with a suite of high quality broadcast algorithms as standard, plus optional aptX® Enhanced, AAC-LC, AAC-HE v. and AAC-HE v..
- Tieline's loss-tolerant MusicPLUS algorithm provides up to kHz stereo audio quality with ms coding delay at bit rates as low as kbps - making it ideal for today's IP and G networks.
- Tieline Music can deliver up to kHz FM quality mono audio at bit-rates as low as Kbps, with only milliseconds encoding delay.
- SmartStream IP software automatically manages jitter buffering, forward error correction and packet repair.
- Full hardware front panel interface including navigation, LCD display, PPM metering and dialing key pad.
- Web GUI for programming codec functionality and RS data connections.
- Integrates seamlessly with TieServer for simple IP configuration and one touch IP connections.
- Broadcast quality analog XLR inputs/outputs.
- XLR digital AES/EBU input/output.
- Simultaneous analog and digital AES/EBU audio outputs.
- Onboard SDHC card slot for automatic audio failover.
- ¼” (mm) stereo headphone output.
- relay inputs and opto-isolated outputs plus RS- for local and remote control of equipment at either end of your codec link.
- USB slave connection for codec configuration.
Buy today and receive:
- Point-to-point mono and stereo IP audio bidirectional audio
- The ability to send up to stereo multi-unicast connections over LANs and WANs like the internet (optional licence upgrade).
- Multicasting to unlimited numbers of codecs across compatible IP networks (optional licence upgrade)
- High quality low-delay linear audio
G., MPEG Layer , plus low-delay Tieline Music and
- algorithms (optional licence upgrade)
- aptX® Enhanced algorithm (optional licence upgrade)
- EBU N/ACIP Tech compatibility over IP and will connect to any SIP-enabled IP codec
- Simultaneous analog and digital AES/EBU outputs
- Automatic fail-safe SD/SDHC card connection failover
- Web-GUI for remote control and configuration
- Automatic firmware upgrade notification via the Web-GUI
- Tieline’s SmartStream technology for automatic management of IP connection streaming
Optional software feature upgrade:
- IP Codec Network Management System for live status and monitoring of entire broadcast codec networks
*Contact Tieline or your favorite dealer for a quote on software feature upgrades. For a full list of Specifications please download the brochure here.