Supported ViA USB Modems
Procedure for Configuring Netgear AC340U for AT&T Beam
To use the Netgear AC340U with the ViA codec over the AT&T Beam network it is necessary to run version 01.05.11.52 firmware in the modem. Following is the procedure to downgrade firmware in the AC340U USB modem if the firmware is 01.13.12.13 or higher. Note: the ViA codec needs to have firmware v2.16.46 or higher installed to use this modem.
Important Note: Use a Windows 7 PC (or earlier) running AT&T AllAccess software to verify the firmware in your modem. Click here to download and install this firmware.
Install AllAccess and connect your AC340U modem to your PC.
Verify if the AC340U modem is using version 01.13.12.13 firmware or higher.
If version 01.13.12.13 is installed then you need to downgrade to version 01.05.11.52 firmware.
If the AC340U has version 01.05.11.52 installed then it is only necessary to run AT&T Beam Patch version 4 software.
Download and Install AC340U v.01.05.11.52 Firmware and Patch v.4
Click here to download version 01.05.11.52 and downgrade the AT&T Beam AC340U modem.
From the same page download the AC340U patch version 4 and run this to install the patch. Please note that instructions for applying the patch are contained in the ZIP file.
Configure Pantech UML295 USB Modem to Manual Mode.
Perform the following steps to configure a Verizon Wireless/Pantech UML295 USB 3G/4G/LTE modem for use with Tieline’s ViA codec:
- Open a web browser and type http://mbb.vzw.com or http://192.168.32.2 to launch the Verizon Mobile Broadband manager software.
- Select “Use Basic Web App” and click “Continue”. Don’t check the “IP Pass Through Driver and Utility” option.
- On the “Settings” tab, ensure that “Device Connection Preference” is configured to “Manual”. Next, click “Save” to store the new settings.
- Verify that the “APN” matches the APN provided by Verizon. If it’s different, enter the APN provided by Verizon and click “Save”.
- On the “Settings” tab, select “Check For Update” to ensure that your UML295 USB modem has the latest firmware installed.