Tieline Releases at NAB2006 New Multi-platform Studio Audio Codec
Apr 24, 2006
Las Vegas - (Apr. 24, 2006) - Tieline Technology, a leading provider of high-quality remote broadcast digital audio codecs, released at NAB2006 today a new rack mount concept called the TLR300B Commander G3.
The new multi-platform studio audio codec gives broadcasters more flexibility and more options including a choice of sizes and a choice of analog or digital AES/EBU audio inputs and outputs.
"Broadcasters used to a "one-size-fits-all" world are going to enjoy the freedom of choice they get with the new TLR300B," said Tieline America General Manager Kevin Webb.
Both the streamlined 1RU, with front panel status LEDs, and the larger 2RU, with complete hardware front panel control, can be tested at Tieline's NAB2006 booth located at N-3215. The 1RU codec can be controlled by a PC screen interface connected via LAN, WAN, USB, serial or remotely controlled over the internet. The 2RU features comprehensive front panel hardware control with PC remote control via the Tieline PC GUI.
Other TLR300B Commander G3 rack mount features:
- Choice of analog or AES/EBU inputs/outputs (two in and two out)
- Two expansion slots which accept the choice of POTS, ISDN, X.21, IP (incorporating LAN/WAN, 802.11x, and 3G wireless broadband network codecs)
- A range of industry standard and specialized algorithms including AAC+, Mpeg Layer 2, Mpeg Layer 3, G.722, G.711, Tieline Music and Tieline Voice
- Configurable 11x6 Cross Point Matrix Audio Router (DMR)
- Front panel configurable communications buttons for local and off-air real time communications
- Three input and three output digital mixing capability including 2x mic/line, 1x auxiliary and an analog line input.
- On-board relay and RS-232 control system for local and remote control of equipment at either end of remote talent's audio input levels from the studio
- LAN, USB masters/slave and serial interfaces for connection to IP control networks and computers
- The 2RU version has 4x front panel LCDs to PPM and input/output configuration, and 4 x 8 LED PPM meters which can be configured to show send/return or user selectable channel mix.
- The 1RU version has front panel status LED's including power, audio present and telco interface status
About Commander G3
Tieline Commander G3 field and studio rack mount codecs are first to offer broadcasters a choice of high quality, low delay live audio and data transfer over POTS analog telephone lines, ISDN, GSM wireless and IP networks. Commander G3 codecs can be configured before you send it to the remote broadcast site so all the talent has to know is how to plug in power, a Telco line, an audio input and then dial a number. Commander G3 is the first codec to feature two expansion slots which accept your choice of hardware and software modules.