Tieline Recommends Report-IT Users Look to Shure MOTIV Mics
Apr 18, 2016
Tieline Technology Recommends Report-IT
Users Look to Shure MOTIV Digital Microphones and Recording
Solutions for Optimal Sound Quality
Leading Manufacturer Highlights Shure
Portable, Digital Microphones and Audio Solutions as Valuable Tools
for Newsgatherers and Remote Live Broadcast Professionals in Need
of High-Quality Audio
|Report-IT and mics from Shure's MOTIV range|
Indianapolis—April 18, 2016—Tieline Technology, creator of high-quality remote broadcast digital audio codecs and the innovator behind the award-winning Report-IT iOS app, today announced its support for MOTIV, a line of digital microphones and recording solutions from Shure, a Company widely recognized as the most trusted audio brand worldwide.
Shure’s MOTIV microphones—which allow users to capture high-quality, professional audio for podcasts, videos, stories and more—pair seamlessly with Tieline’s Report-IT App that offers newsgatherers and live remote broadcast professionals the ability to turn any compatible iOS device into an ultraportable IP audio codec.
“Shure is a renowned global manufacturer of broadcast quality microphones and Tieline is delighted to announce its support for using the MOTIV range of microphones with Report-IT, the world’s most popular smartphone codec app for newsgathering and live remote broadcasts,” said Will McLean, CEO of Tieline. “Journalists require reliable, high quality microphones when using Report-IT and they can feel extremely confident using Shure’s innovative MOTIV microphones for a wide variety of smartphone reporting applications.”
The easy to use MOTIV products include five Apple MFi (made for iPhone, iPod, iPad) Certified devices, including three condenser microphones and a sleek digital audio interface that can connect directly to any iOS device without additional adapters or connection kits. In addition, the MVL, an omnidirectional condenser lavalier microphone, is part of the MOTIV family. Shure MOTIV digital microphones—as well as the digital interface—feature user-selectable DSP preset modes to ensure great sound no matter the application.
“As a company, Tieline has certainly established itself as a leader within the codec space through a robust portfolio of innovative tools—such as Report-IT—that have become integral to the newsgathering and live remote broadcast production process,” said Matt Engstrom, Category Director for Wired Products at Shure. “With this, we’re proud that the company shares a similar level of confidence in our MOTIV microphones and recording solutions, and we look forward to the unique use cases and applications Tieline’s Report-IT users find most fitting for each model within the MOTIV line.”
The MOTIV product line includes the below solutions, enabling Report-IT customers to choose from a variety of solutions, from live sound, to interviews, video and more:
- MV5 Digital Condenser Microphone (MAP $99): The MV5 is compatible with iOS, Android, Mac, or PC devices and is ideal for recording vocals and acoustic instruments, or for use in podcasting or video chat, and comes equipped with three DSP modes and USB and Lightning cables. Engineered with convenience in mind, the MOTIV MV5 has a built-in headphone output for real-time monitoring and the custom tuned microphone capsule provides best-in-class audio. The MV5 is available in green, gray, blue, red, and black (region dependent) and ships complete with a detachable desktop stand and integrated thread mount compatible with any 1/4 inch standard camera tripod
- MV88 iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone (MAP $149): The MOTIV MV88 connects directly to any Apple iPhone, iPod, or iPad equipped with a Lightning® connector to capture high-quality field recordings on the go. The mid-side microphone element is mounted to a 90-degree hinge with built-in rotation that allows for highly flexible microphone position, even in video applications. Five built-in DSP preset modes, plus 5-band EQ, stereo width control, and other advanced features are easily accessed through the free ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App
- MV51 Digital Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone (MAP $199): Specifically engineered for high-quality digital audio capture, the all-digital MOTIV MV51 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone ships with USB and Lightning cables and seamlessly connects to any iOS, Android, Mac, or PC. Equipped with five onboard DSP preset modes to provide optimal recording results, the MV51 includes the industry’s first touch panel control for quick access to gain, mute, and headphone volume adjustments. The one-inch capsule element provides unmatched audio results, which are easily monitored in real-time through the built-in headphone output. The striking vintage design includes an integrated kickstand for desktop use and quickly adapts for use with any standard mic stand
- MVi Digital Audio Interface (MAP $129): The MVi connects any XLR microphone or 1/4 instrument (guitar, bass, or keyboard) to an iOS, Android, Mac, or PC for seamless, high-quality audio capture. Equipped with the five built-in DSP preset modes, the MVi includes Shure’s unique onboard touch panel control for quick access to gain, phantom power, mute, and headphone volume adjustments. The MVi is portable with a low profile footprint and durable construction. It includes USB and Lightning cables
- MVL Lavalier (MAP $69): Ideal for capturing quality audio for field recording, dictation, news reporting, audio/video recording, and more, the MVL omnidirectional condenser lavalier microphone connects directly to tablets and smartphones for ultimate convenience and mobility. The MVL is designed to be used with Shure’s newest iOS app, ShurePlus™ MOTIV Mobile Recording App
- ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App (Free): Designed for use with MOTIV Microphones, the ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App allows real-time adjustments for the best performance, based on the specific microphone it is being used with. The easy-to-use interface provides quality sound at 24-bit/48 kHz for clear audio in virtually any environment, as well as file sharing and gain control
MOTIV products are available for sale through select Shure Authorized Retailers including Amazon, American Musical Supply (AMS), B&H, Full Compass, Guitar Center, Musician’s Friend, Sam Ash, Sweetwater and Zzounds. For more information, please call 1-800-25-SHURE or visit www.shure.com/motiv. Tieline’s Report-IT App is available for download on iOS devices in the Apple App Store, and via Google Play for Android devices, for more information, visit http://www.tieline.com/products/G5/Report-IT.
About Shure Incorporated
Founded in 1925, Shure Incorporated (www.shure.com) is widely acknowledged as the world's leading manufacturer of microphones and audio electronics. Over the years, the Company has designed and produced many high-quality professional and consumer audio products that have become legendary for performance, reliability, and value. Shure’s diverse product line includes world-class wired microphones, wireless microphone systems, in-ear personal monitoring systems, conferencing and discussion systems, networked audio systems, award-winning earphones and headphones, and top-rated phonograph cartridges. Today, Shure products are the first choice whenever audio performance is a top priority.
Shure Incorporated is headquartered in Niles, Illinois, in the United States. The Company also has regional sales and marketing headquarters in Eppingen, Germany, and Hong Kong, China, with more than 30 additional manufacturing facilities and regional sales offices throughout the Americas, EMEA, and Asia.
About Tieline Technology
Tieline Technology manufactures the world’s leading STL, audio distribution and remote broadcast digital audio codecs. Tieline also revolutionized newsgathering with the Report-IT Enterprise codec app for smartphone reporting applications. The company has won numerous awards for innovation in technology and thousands of customers around the world rely on Tieline codecs every single day for reliable broadcast solutions. The company has offices in North America and Australia, supporting a global distribution network spanning the Americas, Europe, UK, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Australasia.
* *Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.