Use IP Audio and Go Wireless Today using Tieline Broadband Solutions...
The days of calling a telco to install an ISDN or POTS line weeks in advance of a remote broadcast are over. Now with Tieline IP audio codecs you can deliver reliable FM quality wireless radio and television broadcasts to your audience from wherever you can get a cell-phone broadband signal.
Tieline IP audio codecs can connect over both EV-DO, UMTS or HSDPA (3.5G) cell-phone networks using either a Tieline EV-DO or UMTS/HSDPA module.
All you need is a Tieline Commander field codec or an iMix G3 codec with a Tieline wireless module and you are ready to go. Coupled with a Tieline portable battery, you have the ultimate portable broadcast kit that lets you broadcast high quality 20 kHz FM audio in mono, dual mono or stereo at ultra low bit-rates.
You'll love how easy it is to connect and how great it sounds. Your program director will love how flexible and easy it is to take out into the field, and your sales staff will love how much simpler it is to sell advertising packages to customers.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Wireless UMTS/HSDPA modules purchased in the US for use on AT&T networks in the USA will not work on similar networks in other countries.
Simple to Connect...
Tieline IP audio codecs simplify connections over 3G networks with codec software that automatically configures a codec for any of 188 networks currently supported in 55 countries. Coupled with one touch dialing, it has never been simpler to connect and broadcast IP audio over wireless 3G.
Using a Tieline portable battery module makes connecting over 3G very simple. For example, Tieline battery modules are fitted with an on/off switch to conserve power when it is not in use. Simply program your codec for 3G dialing and configure the codec to auto-reconnect and when the reporter or announcer switches the codec on, the redialing process will be completely automated. The following video shows how to connect using a Tieline UMTS/HSDPA wireless module.
Fixed Line Quality over a Wireless IP Audio Connection
Tieline's loss-tolerant proprietary algorithms use advanced coding techniques to provide superior audio, high connection reliability and low delay over wireless IP broadband networks.
Tieline's MusicPLUS algorithm is highly loss-tolerant over IP audio connections and uses advanced coding techniques to provide up to 20 kHz stereo audio quality with 20ms encoding delay at bit rates as low as 96kbps - making it ideal for today's IP and 3G networks.
Optimized for both music and voice quality content over low bit-rate connections, Tieline Music can deliver up to 15 kHz FM quality mono audio at bit-rates as low as 24kbps, with only 20 milliseconds encoding delay or stereo at 64kbps. Tieline Music is suitable for most telephone lines, Internet connections and even GSM HSCSD cell-phone connections.
Wireless Broadcasting Example
Hear the Tieline Difference...
It is not unusual for wired Internet connections to experience up to 3% packet loss, while wireless IP connections can experience 10% or more! Tieline codecs respond to these variable IP network conditions with agility and flexibility to significantly improve connection reliability over lossy IP networks such as cell-phone networks and the internet.
With features such as Forward Error Correction (FEC) and automated jitter buffering, Tieline codecs can withstand significant packet loss over wired IP and cellular IP connections and still deliver continuous high quality audio.
Click here to hear an example of a standard competing algorithm over IP with 1% packet loss
Click here to listen to Tieline MusicPLUS over IP with 10% loss
Tieline IP is without doubt the benchmark technology for IP broadcasting excellence, combining superior network stability with uncompromising broadcast flexibility.
Tieline IP Audio Codec Compatibility
Tieline IP audio codecs are the only ones to support compatibility with other brands of codecs over five different network types - IP, POTS, ISDN, and X.21
- Over IP Tieline is compatible with all major brands of codecs that have implemented EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326 specifications for interoperability over IP using SIP. As a member of the Audio-via-IP Experts Group, Tieline is compatible with fellow members *Orban CRL, *Mayah Communications and *AETA, as well as *Prodys, *Telos, *AEQ, *AVT, and *Digigram.
- When connecting over ISDN and X.21, Tieline codecs are compatible with all major brands of codecs using the popular G.722 and MPEG algorithms. Tieline codecs are also compatible over POTS with *Comrex *Matrix, *Access, *Vector and *Blue codecs.
This means that if you have a Tieline rack unit codec in your studio with a LAN connection attached and a POTS and ISDN module installed, you can accept calls from any ISDN codec, most IP audio codecs, most *Comrex codecs and Tieline wireless 3G codecs - now that's compatible!
In fact, with a Tieline rackmount codec in your studio you can connect to any brand over ISDN and IP, *Comrex codecs over POTS and IP, and receive wireless 3G broadband and GSM connections from other Tieline codecs.
Features of Tieline IP Audio Codecs
Tieline IP audio codecs can reduce the costs of broadcasting by facilitating the migration from increasingly scarce and costly fixed line synchronous networks, into low cost packet-based networks.
IP connections are increasingly widespread, relatively cheap to install and they provide scalability over time. They also provide the opportunity for multipoint routing of broadcast signals.
- Connection flexibility with a range of algorithms offering broadcast quality 7.5kHz mono audio at bitrates as low as 9.6Kbps, 15kHz mono at 24Kbps, 15kHz stereo at 56Kbps and up to 20kHz stereo at 96Kbps.
- Algorithms optimally suited to IP broadcasting include Tieline Voice G3, Tieline Music and Tieline MusicPLUS. Other algorithms available include G.711, G.722 and MPEG Layer 2.
- Tieline's ‘QoS Performance Engine Technology' software significantly enhances connection reliability over lossy IP networks such as 3G cell-phone networks and the Internet.
- Configurable Forward Error Correction (FEC) with automatic and adaptive jitter buffering, allows codecs to withstand significant packet loss over IP and 3GIP connections and still deliver continuous high quality audio, with very low delay.
- Tieline's extremely high quality audio provides compatibility with HD radio broadcast chains and is ideal for Internet broadcasting.
- SIP compatibility provides interoperability with most other brands of codecs.
- One touch dialing from the field provides automated dialing for inexperienced users and minimizes the need for technical staff at remote broadcast sites.
- Remote control of your talent's audio input level from the studio means you receive optimal levels without the need for technical support on site.
- Automatic configuration of a codec's IP address, subnet mask and default gateway from DHCP networks, allowing simple connection of a remote codec to a wired DSL or Wi-Fi hotspot for dialing back to the studio.
- Manual configuration of the IP address, gateway, subnet and ports is also possible for proprietary and highly secure networks.
- Auto configuration of the remote codec from the dialing codec (i.e. the remote codec will recognize the settings you have created in the dialing codec and be automatically configured).
- Optional Automatic failover to a POTS telephone line, ISDN, Satellite, X.21 or GSM.
- Simultaneous broadcasting of audio over IP and your choice of POTS, ISDN or GSM.