G5 FAQ: Bridge-IT Java Web GUI workaround for browser issues
Changes to the Java browser plugins (as opposed to Java itself) have caused connectivity issues for some Bridge-IT codec users. Unfortunately, this has resulted in some customers being unable to use the browser-based Toolbox software configuration tool launched from their Bridge-IT (or Bridge-IT XTRA) codec.
Tieline has two solutions to assist with this issue:
Solution 1: As of Java 1.7 update 51, Oracle has added a new “Security Exception Site List” to its Java Control Panel. If you add the codec hostname/IP address to the List, even “older” versions of the Bridge-IT web-GUI should now work. To configure your codec in the Exception Site List:
1. Open the Java Control Panel (in Windows click Start > Control Panel > Java; in Mac go to System Preferences and look for Java).
2. Select the Security tab
3. Press the Edit Site List… button.
4. Press the Add button.
5. Enter the URL of the codec (either the hostname or IP address). IMPORTANT: It is very important that http:// is included in the address.
6. Click OK and verify that the
site exception has been added to the Exception Site
7. Close and restart your browser after adding the exception before using the Toolbox web-GUI.
Solution 2: Tieline has created a simple standalone non-browser GUI application, which can be used on a PC or Mac to connect and configure Bridge-IT codecs. These applications will work with any v1.x Bridge-IT Firmware from v1.10.00r6679 onwards. An error dialog will appear if you attempt to use it with an older firmware version.
Please download these zipped files via the links below.
Windows Users: http://www.tieline.com/files/files/967_BridgeIT_Toolbox-windows.zip (1.59 MB)
Mac Users: http://www.tieline.com/files/files/968_BridgeIT_Toolbox-Mac.zip (1.71 MB)
Important Note for Mac Users:
When trying to launch the application for the first time, you may get a message from OS X telling you that the app "is damaged and can't be opened".
OS X Gatekeeper shows this message because the application bundle is not digitally signed. To run the application for the first time, you will need to disable Gatekeeper as follows:
- Go to System Preferences... | Security & Privacy | General tab.
- Click the Lock icon in the lower left corner and enter your password to make changes.
- Select Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere.
You can enable Gatekeeper again after the first successful launch of the application.
Note: If you have an old Bridge-IT firmware version that is not compatible with the previous solutions, please contact Tieline Support at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to upgrade your firmware.