Genie Distribution WheatNet Firmware Download
To perform a firmware upgrade of your Genie Distribution WheatNet-IP codec you need to:
- Download the latest firmware to your PC from the link in the table below.
- Connect your codec to your PC in order to open the Toolbox web-GUI for your codec.
The web-GUI is used to perform the firmware upgrade from within the Settings panel. (This process has been tested using MS Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.)
If you are connecting to your codec for the
first time and upgrading firmware, click here for
additional connection instructions.
- Attach an Ethernet cable to the ETH1 port on the codec.
- Press the SETTINGS button on the codec front panel and select Unit > ETH1 to display the IP address in your codec.
- Ensure your PC is connected to the same LAN.
- Open your web browser and type the IP address of your codec into the address bar of your browser, e.g. http://192.168.0.xxx (the last digits are the private address details unique to your codec over a private LAN).
- Refresh the browser and the web-GUI application should launch automatically.
- When you open the Toolbox web-GUI an authentication dialog prompts you to enter a password to login. The first time you log in you can enter the default setting "password" and click the OK button.
- Click the Settings button at the top of the web-GUI screen if the Settings panel is not displayed.
- Click Firmware.
- Click Update from a selected file and click the Select File button.
- Select the .bin file you have downloaded to perform the upgrade and click Open.
- Press the Update Firmware button to commence the upgrade.
Current Firmware Version
Genie Distribution with WheatNet-IP
TLR5200 Genie Distribution WheatNet-IP Firmware v2.14.118 54.8MB download
(Click the link to open MediaFire, then download and save the .bin file to your computer)